Steel Tubing Products & Solutions
AK Tube offers an extensive selection of carbon and stainless steel tubing products. Hot rolled, pickled and oiled, cold rolled, aluminized, galvanized, galvalume, zinc-nickel, ULTRALUME® PHS, ALUMI-THERM®, advanced high strength steel (AHSS) and galvanneal tubing is available in standard shapes including rounds, squares, rectangles and ovals, in sizes ranging from 0.75 - 6.625 in. with wall thickness from 0.035 - 0.180 in. Examples of stainless steel grade are 304L, 409, 439, aluminized 409, 439, 444, 441, 15 Cr-Cb®, 18 Cr-Cb™, CHROMESHIELD® 22, THERMAK® 17 and 22 tubing in rounds ranging from 1.25 - 6.625 in. with wall thickness from 0.035 - 0.118 in.
With locations in Columbus, Indiana and Walbridge, Ohio, we are strategically positioned to meet the needs of our customers. We have been manufacturing Electric Resistance Welded (ERW) tubing for nearly 35 years, and some of our key employees have been with us since the beginning. Our skilled tube mill operators have many years of experience which gives them insight and expertise to solve even the most complex tubing challenges. We are a leader in Advanced High Strength Steel (AHSS) tubular production. Our new product development team works with our customers to find solutions in light weighting and increasing strength.
Our quality assurance program is among the most rigorous in the industry. We take great pride in meeting and exceeding our customer’s exacting standards for quality, delivery and technical support. We monitor the quality with non-destructive testing utilizing flux leakage, and conduct destructive testing several times a coil, a rate which exceeds ASTM destructive standards and is more than twice the industry average. Our commitment to quality has earned us ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007 and ISO/TS 16949:2009 certifications. We will become certified to IATF 16949 in 2018. We have a robust CAR 8D problem analysis and resolution program along with 5-why analysis to meet our customers’ requirements.
Recognizing the importance of environmental considerations with respect to its facilities, the policy of AK Tube is to:
- Commit necessary resources to comply with all applicable environmental laws, regulations, permits and agreements to which AK Tube subscribes.
- Reduce environmental risks through operating practices and emergency preparedness programs.
- Encourage recycling, recovery and reuse of residual materials, as well as, the reduction and prevention of emissions and releases to the extent demonstrated feasible.
- Evaluate on a routine basis compliance with applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Strive for continual improvement in the effectiveness of its environmental management efforts.
- Maintain our ISO 14001.2004 certification.
Recognizing the importance and commitment to Safety Management System, the policy of AK Tube is to:
- Commit necessary resources to comply with all applicable legal and other requirements, as well as accident prevention and necessary continuous improvement.
- Reduce and eliminate risks through safety and health procedures and emergency preparedness programs.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Safety procedures.
- Evaluate on a routine basis compliance with all applicable Safety procedures.
- Strive for continual improvement in the effectiveness of its Safety management efforts.
- Is certified to ISO 18001:2007
- VPP Star award