Steel Production near Columbus, OH
Mansfield Works is located on a 548-acre site in north central Ohio, approximately a one hour drive north of Columbus. The facility's stainless steel melting, casting, hot and cold rolling, and finishing operations are housed in more than 1.6 million square feet of manufacturing space. Mansfield's facility features a thin slab caster that uses an advanced technology production system to meet exact customer specifications.
Major Production Facilities
- Two electric arc furnaces
- Argon-Oxygen Decarburization unit
- Ladle metallurgical facility
- Thin slab continuous caster
- Walking beam slab furnace
- Six-stand hot roll mill
Steels from Mansfield Works include: semi-finished hot bands, high chrome ferritics and martensitic stainless steels. All offer a wide range of corrosion and oxidation resistance, strength and hardness, as well as fabricating and welding benefits and come in a variety of widths and gauges, including:
- Ferritic (Chrome) grades are used in applications that need to withstand extreme heat and corrosive conditions. Ferritic stainless steels include 409 and 439, stainless steel used for heat exchangers, furnace liners and automotive exhaust systems.
- Martensitic (Chrome) grades that contain higher levels of carbon than ferritics and are used in applications that require increased hardenability. The specialty flat rolled steels produced at Mansfield Works meet the demands of an array of complex end-use applications; automotive, fuel and safety systems, appliances, cutlery, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) equipment, and processing equipment.
Mansfield Works has earned IATF 16949 and ISO-9001 certification. The plant is also a recipient of several customer quality and service awards.