At AK Steel, our key values of safety, quality, productivity and innovation are the foundation of our business as we work to fulfill our mission of operating in a safe, responsible and profitable manner.
AK Steel consistently outperforms the steel industry safety average by a wide margin. Our approach to safety is more than a business objective; it is part of our operating culture. It is the foundation of all we do, because what matters most is having our employees end their shifts as safely as they started them.
AK Steel's Occupational Health & Safety Policy
- Commit necessary resources to comply with all applicable legal and other requirements, as well as incident prevention and necessary continuous improvement;
- Reduce and eliminate risks through safety and health procedures and emergency preparedness programs;
- Develop, implement and maintain Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) procedures;
- Evaluate on a routine basis compliance with all applicable OH&S procedures;
- Strive for continual improvement in the effectiveness of its OH&S management efforts.
At AK Steel, we take a planned approach to continuous improvement of our products, processes and services in order to meet or exceed our customers’ expectations 100% of the time.
As leading producer of flat-rolled carbon, stainless and electrical steel products, AK Steel operates flexible facilities that help us adapt to ever-changing market conditions and customer needs.
Throughout all our operations, we drive innovation throughout our processes and our products. We build on a longstanding heritage of innovation to create high quality steel solutions that surpass our customers’ needs today and for the future.