Diversity & Inclusion
At AK Steel, where differences are respected and embraced, we believe that diversity and a culture of inclusion are key elements of continued success. This philosophy helps us achieve our business objectives and enhances the professional growth and development of our employees. We have created an environment where all employees, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information, are given the opportunity to fully contribute as a member on one of our dynamic organizational teams.
- 2012Recognized by Toyota for supplier diversity performance achievement
- 2011Recognized by Toyota for supplier diversity performance achievement
- 2010Ernest J. Blache, Jr., President of AK Steel’s discontinued insurance and finance leasing businesses, listed among Who’s Who In Black Cincinnati
- 2010Recognized by Toyota for supplier diversity performance achievement
- 2009AK Steel employee receives “Buyer of the Year” nomination from the South Central Ohio Minority Supplier Development Council
- 2009Recognized by Toyota for supplier diversity performance achievement