Middletown Works is located on a 2,791-acre site in Southwest Ohio, midway between Cincinnati and Dayton. The facility is an integrated steel operation with carbon steel melting, casting, hot and cold rolling, and finishing operations. Middletown Works’ hot strip mill is equipped with pair-cross rolling technology for improved shape and crown control.
Major Production Facilities
- Coke ovens
- Blast furnace
- Basic oxygen furnaces
- RH vacuum degasser
- Dual-strand slab caster
- Hot strip mill
- Pickling lines
- Five-stand cold mill
- Electrogalvanizing line
- Hot dip carbon and stainless aluminizing line
- Hot dip galvanizing line
- Box annealing furnaces
- Temper mills
- Open coil annealing
Carbon steels from Middletown Works include:
- Hot Rolled and Cold Rolled carbon steels that provide excellent press formability, surface finish, flatness and thickness tolerances, and meet the strictest chemistry requirements in the market today.
- Enameling Steels (UNIVIT®, VIT-PLUS® and I-F Enameling Steel) provide characteristics including formability, surface finish and gauge and flat-ness tolerances for enameling.
- Electrogalvanized Steels ZINCGRIP® ELECTRASMOOTH® offer superior surface quality and high corrosion resistance plus excellent formability and paintability for exposed applications.
- Hot Dip Galvanized ZINCGRIP products provide a tight metallurgical bond between the coating and substrate, offering the strength and formability of steel plus the corrosion protection of zinc.
- Aluminized Carbon and Stainless Steels offer formability plus corrosion and heat resistance for high-temperature applications. ULTRALUME® and other Advanced High Strength Steels (AHSS) are also produced at Middletown Works.
Middletown Works has earned IATF 16949, ISO-9001 and Ford Q1 certification. The plant is also a recipient of several customer quality awards, including GM's Supplier of the Year Award, Ford's Gold World Excellence Award and Toyota's Superior Quality and Delivery Award.